Sunday, June 28, 2009

it's quiche!

whoa, a productive morning. i got up, read a chapter of my book, made brunch for my roommates, and scrubbed the kitchen floor. since then i have watched 1 chic flick and taught my roommate's girlfriend how to crochet. not too bad, if i do say so myself.

here you can see the fruits of my labor: a delicious brie and asparagus quiche. i do have to give props to my bff for inspiring me with this quichey-combo, but i generated the recipe mostly on my own. i googled a couple of recipes, but i ended up going with my instincts (and oh how right they were). i randomly chose to put in some cream cheese, and i think that really made the recipe. mm-mmm!


so the cute stalk pattern was more spoke-like (think a bicycle wheel) before i baked it... slightly skewed in the baking process...recipe --

pastry shell (just enough for the bottom)
4-6 slices of bacon (fried and crumbled)
4oz of cream cheese
4 eggs
1 cup of milk
4oz of brie (rind removed and cubed)
6-10 stalks of asparagus (blanched and cut into 4" stalks)
pre-heat oven to 400 F

1) sprinkle bacon into the pie crust and push them into it slightly
2) put cream cheese, brie, milk, and eggs into a blender. blend until smooth
3) pour egg mixture over the bacon sprinkles
4) arrange blanched asparagus stalks in a pretty pattern
5) bake for 35-40 minutes (look for a golden brown crust and sniff for a delicious scent)
6) let cool for at least 10-15 minutes, cut and serve (also good at room temperature several hours after brunch :P )

No comments: