Saturday, February 6, 2010

more yeast...


my co-worker loo told me a story about her loooooooong wait at the grocery store the other day. she had to wait so long, and she was so hungry (this girl gets seriously hungry and seriously cranky when she isn't fed on schedule) that she ate a third of the baguette that she had in her basket. apparently she was craving crusty bread... and then eventually i was craving crusty bread. since it is the year of year, i set myself up for my next challenge!

the recipe came from my baking handbook, and i'm pretty sure i can't just re-type it here. you can go to matha's site to learn all about baguettes though. i probably won't make these again. they were rather labor intensive, and you have to eat them within 24-48 hours... i suppose i could have frozen some of the dough for later, but i couldn't wait...

No comments: